寻找住房
This house is for rent.此房出租。
It’s really a bargain.租金很便宜。
I want to rent a furnished house.我想要有家具的房子。
That house is for sale. It has central heating.此房出售,房子里有供暖设备。
What kind of furniture do you like?你喜欢什么样的家具?
This is a rather old house. It needs painting.这房子挺旧的,得粉刷一下才行。
The houses in downtown are very expensive.市区的房子很贵。
How much is the rent for a month?每月租金多少?
There is a shower in the bathroom.浴室里有淋浴器。
制订计划
What do you plan to do this Friday?明天你打算干什么?
I’m thinking of going to my grandma’s.我想去外婆家。
I’ll go skiing if the weather permits.天气允许的话,我会去滑雪。
I suppose I can finish the project next year.我想我明年完成此工程。
I’m considering buying a house.我想买套房子。
What lessons will you take this semester?这学期你选什么课?
I’m taking Chinese and History.我将选中文和历史。
Do you plan to do some odd jobs?你打算打工吗?
Yes, I’m applying to work at the library.是的,我在申请图书馆管理员的工作。
关于约会
I’d like to make an appointment with ×××.我想约个时间见×××。
She’s free on Friday and Saturday.她周五和周六有空。
Sorry, can I see her before Friday?对不起,我能周五之前见她吗?
Let me see. She has minutes Tuesday afternoon.让我查查,她周二下午有点时间。
I have an interview this afternoon.我今天下午有面试。
I can come any time except Sunday.除星期天外我都能来。
He phoned to cancel the meeting.他打电话来取消会议。
Please call me before you come.你来之前请打电话。
Please make an appointment with my secretary.请跟我秘书定个见面时间。
夜晚生活
I’m free tonight.我今晚有空。
Shall we go to the cinema?我们去看电影好吗?
Do you know what’s on tonight?你知道今天上演什么?
May I ask you for a dance?可以请你跳支舞吗?
Sorry, I’m engaged.对不起,我有约在先了。
What about another dance?再跳一曲好吗?
You’re a good dancer.你舞跳的真好。
Let’s see what else is on.咱们看看有没有别的节目。
Did you see the special last night?昨晚你看特别节目了吗?
国家国籍
Where are you from?你来自哪儿?
What’s your nationality?你是什么国籍?
Are you a native Chinese?你是土生土长的中国人吗?
What’s the capital of your country?贵国首都是哪儿?
I was born in China and brought up in the U.S.A.我出生在中国,在美国长大。
The capital of my country is Beijing.我国首都是北京。
My country is rich in natural resources.我国自然资源丰富。
That nation is famous for its tourism.那个国家以旅游业闻名。
The biggest festival in my country is the
Spring Festival.我国最重要的节日是春节。
拨打电话
Hello! May I speak to ×××?你好,我找×××。
Hold on.等一会儿。
Would you answer the phone please?你能接下电话吗?
I want to make a long distance call.我想打个长途电话。
I must have dialed a wrong number.我一定拨错号了。
I couldn’t get through.我打不通。
I have to hang up now.我得挂电话了。
Would you call back tomorrow?你能明天回个电话吗?
There’s something wrong with the phone.电话出了点儿毛病。
邮政服务
I have received a letter from my cousin.我收到了我表兄的信。
I haven’t heard from him for a long time.我很久没有收到他的信了。
I put some photographs in the envelope.我在信里夹了几张照片。
He hasn’t answered my letter yet.他还没有给我回信。
My mother mailed me a parcel.我妈给我寄了一个包裹。
Don’t forget to put stamps on your letter.别忘了贴邮票。
You’ve got an express mail.你有特快专递。
To make it fast, you can send a fax.要想快点的话就发个传真。
Do you want to airmail it or not?你想发航空信吗?
准备旅行
I have so many things to do before I leave.我走之前还有很多事情要做。
I have to drop by the bank to get some money.我得到银行去取一下钱。
Do you have anything to declare?你有什么东西要向海关申报的吗?
You have to apply for a passport in advance.你必须提前申请护照。
You don’t have to pay any duty on personal
belongings.个人物品不需要关税。
Shall we ask ××× to join us?我们应该叫×××一起去吗?
I put myself entirely in your hands.我按你说的办。
Do you like to take a local train or an express?你想坐普通车还是特快?
I have bought a ticket for a sleeper.我买了张卧铺票。
谈论穿着
What will you wear for the party?晚会上你穿什么?
I’ll wear my blue dress.我会穿我的蓝色裙子。
Do you think it’s too formal?你不觉得太正式了吗?
Just my shirt and jeans.我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
The blouse no longer fits me.这件衬衣不再合身了。
My son has outgrown these trousers.我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
The shoes are wornout.这鞋已经不能穿了。
I don’t like wearing the uniform.我不喜欢穿制服。
You forgot to fasten the collar buttons.你忘了系领扣。
询问喜好
What’s your favorite sport?你最喜欢什么运动?
Football is my favorite.足球是我最喜欢的。
Which do you prefer, fishing or mountainclimbing?钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢哪一个?
He’s crazy about Michael Jordan.他疯狂喜爱迈克·乔丹。
She has good taste in clothes.她的穿着很有品味。
What do you like to do in your spare time?空闲时你喜欢干什么?
I like collecting stamps.我喜欢收集邮票。
I prefer tea to coffee.和咖啡相比,我更喜欢茶。
What do you dislike most about this movie?这部电影你最不喜欢什么?
提出想法
That’s just what I was looking for.那正是我所期待的。
It might be, I suppose.我想可能是这样。
That’s rather disappointing.真是让人失望。
Would you mind not spitting everywhere?不要随地吐痰行吗?
It’s only a suggestion, you don’t have to
take it.这只是一个建议,你可以不听。
Thanks for your advice but I have to
consider it myself.谢谢你的建议,但我得自己想想。
I am old enough to make up my own mind.我已经长大了,可以自己拿主意了。
Your work seems not satisfactory.你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
I generally agree with you.我大体上同意你的看法。