书城外语流行文化篇(老外最想和你聊的101个英语话题)
5248400000109

第109章 Entertaining Divination 星座血型(2)

Escapist, Idealistic, Secretive, Vague, Weak-willed and Easily Led双鱼座 20/02-20/03

优点:想象力强,感情敏感,悲世悯人,心地仁慈,忘我无私,看淡名利,直觉主义,有同情心。

缺点:逃避现实,理想主义,不够坦率,暧昧不明,意志薄弱,易受影响。

Let’s Talk!

开始交流吧!

Li Tao: It’s interesting that we have 12 Chinese zodiacs in China, and you have 12 signs in your culture。

李涛:我们中国有十二生肖,而你们西方文化中有十二星座。真有意思。

Mike: It’s no coincidence, I think。 We do have many things in common, I mean culture。

迈克:我认为这不是巧合。我们有很多共通的东西,我指文化方面。

Li Tao: You speak like a scholar today, forget about it。 Let’s say something more trivial。 What is your sign?

李涛:你今天说话像个学者。咱们换个话题吧。谈点凡人琐事。你的星座是什么?

Mike: I’m Aries。 Why?

迈克:我是白羊座。为什么问这个?

Li Tao: Lately I’m interested in horoscopes and Chinese zodiac。 I’m really curious about these interesting things。

李涛:我最近对星座和生肖感兴趣。我对它们很好奇。

Mike: Really? Do you believe in them?

迈克:真的吗?你相信星座命理?

Li Tao: I’m not sure。 Sometimes the descriptions and analysis sound reasonable。

李涛:也许吧。有时候那些描述和分析有些道理。

Mike: I guess so。 What is your sign? And is the character description of it true?

迈克:可能是。你的星座是什么?它的性格描述准确吗?

Li Tao: I am Taurus。 It says I have a patient, steadfast and reliable personality。 I do!

李涛:我是金牛座。金牛座的人个性耐心,坚定而且可靠。我就是这样的!

Mike: I think so too。 You are such a nice person。

迈克:的确。你人很好。

Li Tao: Thank you。 To be frank, I don’t believe those predictions day’s or month’s fortunes。

李涛:谢谢。但老实说,我不相信那些每天或每月运势的预测。

Mike: Me either。

迈克:我也不相信。

How to Be a Better Friend

十二星座如何维持友情

白羊座对朋友的情义,可以用来作为拍英雄片的题材,真情流露,毫不造作矫情。虽然,有时羊儿力挺朋友的原因,有一部分是为了满足自己的英雄情结,但本质上对朋友还是十分热情的,不会看人下菜碟,有时甚至对弱势族群会特别照顾,具有令人崇敬的侠义之心。金牛座对于人与人之间的微妙关系,反应特别迟钝,朋友交得多则问题丛生,还是重质不重量较好。

Realize Aries and Taurus

认识白羊座与金牛座

1白羊座与金牛座

Aries is the first astrological sign in the Zodiac, named for the constellation of Aries, called “The Ram” in Hellenistic tradition, after the golden ram that rescued Phrixos, taking him to the land of Colchis。 Aries is ruled by the planet Mars。 Being the first sign in the zodiac, Aries is associated with the astrological first house。 In Western astrology, Aries is often considered a “masculine”, positive (extrovert) sign。 It is also considered a fire sign, and is one of four cardinal signs。

Individuals born when the Sun was in this sign are called Arians or Ariens。 Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun enters Aries on the moment of vernal equinox by definition on March 21, leaving it on or about April 20。 Under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently there roughly around April 15 and May 15。 In western astrology, this sign is no longer aligned with the constellation as a result of the precession of the equinoxes。

Taurus is the second astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Taurus。 In astrology, Taurus is considered a negative (introvert) sign。 It is also considered an earth sign and one of the four fixed signs。 Taurus is ruled by the planet Venus (which also rules Libra)。 Being the second sign of the zodiac, Taurus has been associated with the astrological second house。

Individuals born within the period when the Sun was in this sign are considered Taurus individuals。 Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun is in Taurus roughly from April 20 to May 21。 In sidereal astrology, this sign is no longer aligned with the constellation as a result of the precession of the equinoxes。With Zeus, who assumed the form of a magnificent white bull in order to seduce Europa, a legendary Phoenician princess。 In illustrations, only the front portion of this constellation is depicted; in Greek mythology this was sometimes explained as Taurus being partly submerged as he carried Europa out to sea。 Greek mythographer Acusilaus marks the bull Taurus as the same that formed the myth of the Cretan Bull, one of The Twelve Labors of Hercules。

2十二星座绝妙口头禅的表达方式

Aries’ key phrase: I Am!白羊:我是!

Taurus’ key phrase: I have!金牛:我有!

Gemini’s key phrase: I think!双子:我认为!

Cancer’s key phrase: I Feel!巨蟹:我感觉!

Leo’s key phrase: I Will!狮子:我愿意!

Virgo’s key phrase: I Analyze!处女:我分析!

Libra’s key phrase: I Balance!天秤:我权衡!

Scorpio’s key phrase: I Desire!天蝎:我要求!

Sagittarius’ keyphrase: I See!射手:我明白!

Capricorn’s key phrase: I Use!摩羯:我利用!

Aquarius’ key phrase: I Know!水瓶:我知道!

Pisces’ key phrase: I Believe!双鱼:我相信!

狮子一生为“风范”二字而战,很多时候的付出未必是出自真心真意的,常常一边手里做着,一边在心里犯嘀咕抱怨。但为了讨个好名声、好榜样,就算抛头颅、洒热血也要拼了,这也充分显示出狮子爱做表面功夫的性格。水瓶座交朋友的原则讲的是志同道合、思想频率相同,一个满脑子都是钱的富豪绝对比不上一个才华横溢的穷人,一个唯利是图的野心家绝对比不上一个有理想有抱负的和平爱好者——瓶子是一个强调精神高于物质的人。

Key words & Sentences

关键词句全知道

Aries, a masculine sign, loves to lead and hates to follow。

白羊座的人,具有男人的性格,喜欢去主导一件事而不是盲从。

So in a relationship, Aries, the child of the zodiac, is the motivator and wants to be the controller。

所以黄道带中的孩子——白羊座,在一个关系圈中往往是活跃分子,并想成为其中的主导者。

The Aries driving force compels those born under its influence to become the leading light in any co-operative venture。

白羊座的人在这些动力的驱使和影响下,在任何合作经营的企业里,他们生来就是主力军。

This can be a particular problem for Aries women, who constantly seek to measure themselves against their man (or men), always trying to gain the upper hand。

这对白羊座女人来说问题比较特别,她们经常给自己施压,要打败她们的男人或男人们,总想事事占上风。

Aries is straightforward in its need to dominate。

白羊座的人总是直截了当地表达他们希望处于主导地位。

Women with Aries prominent often seem to work to overcome or defeat their partners, but in the event they succeed, have a tendency to lose respect for their formerly admired “opponents”。

白羊座中杰出的女性们通常好像战胜或打败了她们的对手,但是在成功的事件中,她们对之前所欣赏的对手失去了尊重。

The constant outflow of energy from egotistical Aries masks a sense of insecurity, which has its roots in a lack of self-esteem。

实际上,白羊座经常外露的自负行为下隐藏着一种不安全感,这根源于她们缺乏自我尊重的意识。

The externalising of demons enables them to be conquered, but Aries is usually unable to formulate the problem。

白羊座有着外在过人的精力,很难被征服,但是他们通常无法理性地认识这个问题。

Like his mythic image, the Ram, Aries prefers to charge at full tilt, with little knowledge of, or care for, the consequences。

就像一头公羊,他们宁可一个劲儿往前冲试图去迎接所有挑战,也不去想结果会怎样。

Taurus people are into status symbols, not only to impress others, but because they genuinely appreciate the best life has to offer。

金牛座的人是社会地位的象征:不仅因为他们能打动身边的人,而且会很真诚地感激生活所给予的一切。

Before arguing a point with your Taurus boss, decide whether it’s worth getting fired over。

在和金牛座老板争论之前,要仔细考虑这件事是否值得争议。

Gemini is information-driven。

双子座的人容易听信片面之词。